Mike Royal, M.D.
« Back to Team
Chief Medical Officer
- Dr. Royal is a pharmaceutical executive with 20 years of clinical development and medical affairs. Recently, he was the Chief Medical Officer of Suzhou Connect Biopharmaceuticals and, prior to that, Concentric Analgesics. He rejoins Sorrento where he was previously EVP, Clinical Development and Regulatory Affairs in 2016
- He has been responsible for or instrumental in several successful NDAs, including NCEs, 505(b)(2)s and ANDAs
- Dr. Royal is board certified in internal medicine, pain medicine, anesthesiology with additional qualifications in pain management, addiction medicine and legal medicine
- He has been an Assistant Professor of Medicine at the Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences, Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology/Critical Care Medicine at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, and an Adjunct Professor at University of Oklahoma and University of California San Diego
- He has published extensively with over 190 book chapters, peer reviewed articles and abstracts/posters; and has been an invited speaker at national and international meetings
- B.S., M.D., J.D., M.B.A.